Colleges in Maryland: Ratings & Statistics
There are around 100 colleges in Maryland. This is 1% of all colleges listed in the USA. Top cities in Maryland with most colleges are Baltimore, Annapolis, College Park, Towson and Saint Marys City. You may find a list of all categories of Maryland colleges on this page. Click on a category to find all colleges of Maryland of that type.
Top 10 Colleges in Maryland
Visit the top colleges in Maryland. Following is a list of top 10 colleges based on US News Best Colleges 2022 ranking. Click on a college to find its detailed information.
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of Maryland - Baltimore County, Baltimore
- Towson University, Towson
- United States Naval Academy, Annapolis
- St. John's College, Annapolis
- St. Mary's College of Maryland, Saint Marys City
- Washington College, Chestertown
- Goucher College, Baltimore
- Loyola University Maryland, Baltimore
Students by Race
The following chart shows distribution of college students in Maryland based on their racial backgrounds.
Students by Gender
Following chart displays the ratio of male and female students studying in various colleges and universities of Maryland.
The following articles will provide you with interesting information, useful tips and insights about colleges in Maryland.
How to Choose the Perfect College for You
Associate’s Degree vs. Bachelor’s Degree
How an Associate’s Degree Can Benefit You
Types of College Degrees
Classification of Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors in College
Find in Maryland
Colleges of Maryland are listed in the following categories. Please click on one of them to find Maryland colleges of that type.
- Public Colleges (18)
- Private Colleges (35)
- Community Colleges (10)
- Universities (25)
- Training Schools (18)